12th Annual Everett Blackmouth Derby Rules March 17 & 18, 2018
Everett Steelhead and Salmon Club
Everett Chapter of Puget Sound Anglers
1. Sales will be limited to 125 Derby Tickets at a cost of $100 each. One Derby Ticket per boat allows up to four pre-registered anglers. Ticket sales will close on Friday, March 16, 2018 at close of business at listed outlets.
2. Only one Blackmouth Salmon entry per registered angler. The angler who caught the fish must be present to enter the fish and be listed on the derby “Angler Registration Form”.
3. All fish will be GUTTED and GILLED by the angler prior to being weighed. You are responsible to bring the “Angler Registration Form” attached to your packet to the weigh station. If lost, the “ Angler Registration Form” will not be replaced.
4. Only one Derby prize per angler and that angler MUST be present with the “Angler Registration Form” at Awards Ceremony to claim the prize. Any unclaimed prizes will be donated to the Everett Steelhead and Salmon Club.
5. Weigh-in will be from 2pm to 5pm on Saturday March 17, 2018 and from 12 noon to 3pm on Sunday March 18, 2018, at Everett Bayside Marine in Everett. All times will be according to Cell Phone time. Deadline for weigh-in shall be followed. Prizes awarded following weigh-in, at Bayside Marine. Entrant’s legal Catch Record Card must accompany the individual and fish to be weighed for evidence that a Blackmouth Salmon was caught within Derby and WDFW rules. This is an all weather Derby.
6. All Washington State Department of Fish and Wildlife rules apply. Fishing will be allowed in open areas of Marine Areas 8-1, 8-2 & 9 Only. Only a legally hooked, Sport Caught, Blackmouth Salmon is eligible to win. If in the opinion of the Derby officials any attempt is made to artificially enhance, deceive or circumvent derby rules, including weight of fish, that person WILL be immediately disqualified from this and all future Everett Steelhead and Salmon Club Blackmouth Derbies and criminal charges WILL be pursued.
7. Ties will be broken by the earliest time of entry.
8. Cash prizes are based on a minimum field of 52 paid contestants or 30%, 15%, 5% & 2.5% of ticket sales up to stated cash prizes; $3000 + $1500 + $500 + $250 = $5250/100 = 52.
9. In the event that a non-cash prize has more value than a cash prize, that prize may be substituted at the sole discretion of the Derby Officials.
10. The Everett Steelhead and Salmon Club, The Port of Everett, Volunteers and Sponsors accept no responsibilities for loss, injury or harm to any boat, vehicle, equipment, contestant, passenger or observer during this event. The Derby ticket purchaser agrees to hold harmless all Derby presenters, volunteers and sponsors (or their agents) from any and all liability in connection with this Derby.
11. The Ticket purchaser agrees that any appropriate prize tax shall be the sole responsibility of the prizewinner, and that the aforementioned derby organization shall have no liability for any such taxes or fees. The prizewinner shall also furnish their tax identification number if so requested, before the awarding of prizes.